Sports management is a billion-dollar industry. The world of athletics offers enormous career opportunities for the people who are passionate about sports. For the success of any sport, a team of professionals comprising sports managers, PR executives, trainers, facility managers, nutritionists, trainers, coaches etc. is required.
Well-known sports employers
- Sports Network companies such as ESPN, Star, Fox Sports, and Sony
- Athletic apparel companies such as Nike, Adidas, Puma, and Reebok
- Top Advertising, Marketing, and Public Relations Firms
Depending on the position and experience in the industry, the potential earning might range from $30,000 to more than $100,000 annually with an annual growth rate of 5-9 percentage.
A highly competitive job market
Competition for jobs in the sports industry is fierce. Therefore, a specialization in Sport Management during higher education will certainly be an added advantage. Some of the specialized program options which are available in the market are as follows:
- MBA in Sport Management
- Master of Science in Sports Management
- Master of Science in Sports Medicine
- BA/MA in Sports Management
- PG Diploma in Sports Business or Management
- D. in sports management
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in sports management
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D. or D.Ed.) in sports management
Sports is an exponentially growing domain globally. The industry performs well, even during tough economic times. As many new sports picking up the intensity and increasing competition, there are plenty of career opportunities emerging with a potential to cross many boundaries in the near future.