About MBA Sport Management
With India emerging as the hub for professional sports, both traditional and non-traditional, there is a growing demand for quality, talented sports management professionals to manage players and the business surrounding it. Major leagues with corporate sponsorships, such as ISL, PBL, IHL, Pro Kabaddi, are finding a sizable audience and are on the path to becoming dominant sports themselves. This emergent trend will offer abundant opportunities for economic growth and employment in the future.
Our MBA Sport Management program focuses on the professionalization of individuals who are passionate about sports. As a result, our students implement projects and build a network with the stakeholders in the sports industry as a part of their training. The program challenges students to act wisely, gain insights into the sport of today and tomorrow, and understand the strategic stakes in the world of sports.
The French Connection
You may wonder why choose a niche degree such as Sports Management from France rather than one from any other country?
France is home to some of the world’s most popular and well-established sporting events such as Tour de France, Paris Half Marathon, Garmin Triathlon de Paris, the Ice Hockey World Championship, and the French Open at Roland Garros. France is also set to host no fewer than 12 world championships and 13 European championships between 2015 and 2018.
Paris was recently announced as the host of the 2024 Olympics, after having hosted the Summer Olympics in 1900 and 1924. Doing so, it will become the second city (after London) to host the Olympics thrice.
France has over 320,000 sports facilities dedicated to a plethora of sporting events. The superior infrastructure, substantial investments, and several corporate sponsors are proof that France takes its sports seriously and is, therefore, a key player in the management and promotion of professional sports.
Objectives and Strengths
- Train managers to be employable and have expertise in management, communication and marketing of sports.
- Understand the strategic issues faced in sports, the working of sports industry, and the globalization of sport.
- Train young sports managers to take up challenges beyond classroom knowledge.
- Our MBA in Sport Management ranks 3rd in Eduniversal’s ‘Best Masters Ranking 2017’ in France and has a worldwide ranking of 17 in the Sport Management category.
- Courseware vetted by experts from the French sports industry.
- Exclusively taught by a mix of French and Indian industry professionals and faculty.
- The MBA program includes a two-week visit to Paris for a ringside view of French sports culture and administration of sports.
- Program endorsed by DNA Entertainment Networks, India’s leading sports management organization. DNA also provides projects and internships that will help students prepare for the demands of the sports industry.
- Employment opportunity with global sports companies and organizations.
- Master’s diploma from MBA ESG, Paris and degree from an Indian university.
- A strong alumni network of professionals who work in reputed companies such as Nike, Reebok, Lacoste CA, etc.
Eligibility and Duration
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Duration: 2 Year Full-time.
- Computer Applications for Business
- Business Communication
- Legal and Business Environment
- Organization Design
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Statistics and Analytics for Decision Making
- Financial Reporting, Statements and Analysis
- Indian Financial Systems and Financial Markets
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Marketing Research
- Corporate Finance
- Indian Economy and Policy
- Human Resources Management
- Sports Merchandizing
- Sports Financing
- Sports Management & Sports Diplomacy
- Consumer Behavior and CRM
- Organization Study*
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Management Skills for Effectiveness
- Quantitative Techniques
- E-Marketing I
- Sports Analytics
- Business of e-Commerce
- Brand Management in Sports Industry
- Retail Management
- Indian Sports Mgmt. Activities
- Indian Ethos and Business Ethics
- Corporate Strategy
- Sports Media
- E-Marketing II
- Services Management
- Social Media Marketing
- SIP + Research
2-week Paris Itinerary
The two-week visit to Paris is your chance to see and experience the sporting culture of France. This will help you understand the expectations of the sports industry better.
Day 1: STADIUM – Parc des Princes and Stade de France. Understand how the stadium is managed from a logistic and commercial perspective.Day 2: MEDIA – Visit of the office of sports TV Channel Bein Sport or Lequipe. Understand how a TV show is prepared and how it is packaged by the commercial team for advertising purposes.Day 3: STORE – Discover leading sports stores in Paris (Go Sport, Decathlon, PSG store, Lacoste) and meeting with Lacoste. Understand the different marketing position of each store and how products and communication are adapted accordingly. In the meeting with Lacoste, students will be told how the brand uses sponsoring to generate additional sales.Day 4: EVENT – Attend a running race Paris & Village of the event. Students will participate in the run and will experiment all the animations done around this race. Then a meeting will take place to debrief their view on the sponsoring and organization of the race.Day 5: CONFERENCE – Attend les Rendez-vous du Sport, a sport conference organized by ESG sports MBA Students.Day 6: OLYMPICS – Visit of Paris 2024 office & visit of Brand new stadium Arena92. A high profile of Paris 2024 will brief them about the project set up by Paris to host the Olympic Games in 2024.
Day 1: CORPORATE – Visit of Soccer League Office & an event organized by a sponsor. The French soccer league will explain its strategy of development in term of media rights, sponsoring at the national and international level.Day 2: ARENA – Visit of St Quentin Cycling arena & a Golf course. The manager of the facility will explain to the students his strategy on how he plans numerous events in the cycling arena.Day 3: DAY OUT – Full day at Reims, visiting the facilities of Reims Soccer Club. Understand how the club is managed, what their challenges are, and how they tackle them effectively.Day 4: NEW SPORTS USAGES – Visit of Urban soccer, Hoop Factory facilities and e-sport gaming house. Sport is adapting to urban life and new technology. We will understand how those new models have emerged and what their business models are.Day 5: ARENA – Visit of Tennis French Open facilities & museum. The French Open is one of the most famous Tennis events in the world. Students will understand how the event is marketed and how ticketing is managed.Day 6: Visit of Insep or Clairefontaine (sport facilities for young talented children). The French state has developed grassroots activities and also a specific training center for high potential youth athletes. We will visit one of these facilities and understand how it works in term of recruitment and management of the children.
I have acquired knowledge and competencies related to this industry. Creativity and know-how have been the main slogans of the training. I have also been able to access the professional network, which is a huge asset for me.
Sales Associate, GUCCI
Thanks to this training, I was able to acquire a real specialization and expertise in the luxury area. The richness of the course, the originality of the pedagogical methods, exchanges between students and professionals were real assets for the development of a strong career plan.
Visual Merchandiser – Europe & Middle East, Maison Longchamp
At the end of my training, I immediately bagged a fixed-term contract for 10 months in the TV rights of the biggest international sports events. Throughout the training, I particularly appreciated the emergency seminars. These practical scenarios and real-life business cases teach us how to respond professionally and effectively.
TV Media Sport Coordinator
After completing my MBA in Sports, I had the opportunity to join the Football Foundation as a Project Manager. I would like to warmly thank the lecturers and the management team at MBA ESG. I am proud to be a part of the MBA in Sports program, and I will continue to highlight it during my professional career.
Matthieu de Lamare,
Project Manager – Football Foundation
As the sports industry expands and becomes a significant employer, there is a need for skilled professionals who can handle the day-to-day operations of sports teams and organizations. Some job avenues for sports management graduates include,
- Sports Event Organizer
- Project Manager
- Communication/Advertising Manager
- Sponsoring, Partnerships, and Merchandising Manager
- Sports Consultant
- Operations Manager
- Sports Equipment Manager
- Sports Organization Manager
- Training Manager
- Sports Celebrity Manager
- Sports Expert
Some of the corporate assignments undertaken by the alumni of this program are:
- Marketing Account Manager at Eurosport
- Assistant Project Manager at Evian Resort
- In-charge of Plurimedia Junior at Havas Media France
- Communication Assistant at Ligue Nationale de Basketball
- Sales Support Assistant at Nike UK
- Sales Assistant at Première Loge
- Assistant Product Manager at PSG Merchandising
- Ticketing Sales Assistant at SASP RCF Rugby
- Marketing Assistant at Sport and Co.