MBA In Sports Management
With India emerging as the hub for professional sports, both traditional and non-traditional, there is a growing demand for quality, talented sports management professionals to manage players and the business surrounding it. Major leagues with corporate sponsorships, such as ISL, PBL, IHL, and Pro-Kabaddi, are finding a sizable audience and are on the path to becoming dominant sports themselves. This emergent trend will offer abundant opportunities for economic growth and employment in the future.
Our MBA Sports Management program focuses on the professionalization of individuals who are passionate about sports. As a result, our students implement projects and build a network with the stakeholders in the sports industry as a part of their training. The program challenges students to act wisely, gain insights into the sport of today and tomorrow, and understand the strategic stakes in the world of sports.
The French Connection
You may wonder why choose a niche degree such as Sports Management from France rather than one from any other country?
France is home to some of the world’s most popular and well-established sporting events such as Tour de France, Paris Half Marathon, Garmin Triathlon de Paris, the Ice Hockey World Championship, and the French Open at Roland Garros. France is also set to host no fewer than 12 world championships and 13 European championships between 2015 and 2018.
Paris was recently announced as the host of the 2024 Olympics, after having hosted the Summer Olympics in 1900 and 1924. Doing so, it will become the second city (after London) to host the Olympics thrice.
France has over 320,000 sports facilities dedicated to a plethora of sporting events. The superior infrastructure, substantial investments, and several corporate sponsors are proof that France takes its sports seriously and is, therefore, a key player in the management and promotion of professional sports.
Objectives and Strengths
- Train managers to be employable and have expertise in management, communication and marketing of sports.
- Understand the strategic issues faced in sports, the working of sports industry, and the globalization of sport.
- Train young sports managers to take up challenges beyond classroom knowledge.
- Our MBA in Sport Management ranks 3rd in Eduniversal’s ‘Best Masters Ranking 2017’ in France and has a worldwide ranking of 17 in the Sport Management category.
- Courseware vetted by experts from the French sports industry.
- Exclusively taught by a mix of French and Indian industry professionals and faculty.
- The MBA program includes a two-week visit to Paris for a ringside view of French sports culture and administration of sports.
- Program endorsed by DNA Entertainment Networks, India’s leading sports management organization. DNA also provides projects and internships that will help students prepare for the demands of the sports industry.
- Employment opportunity with global sports companies and organizations.
- Master’s diploma from MBA ESG, Paris and degree from an Indian university.
- A strong alumni network of professionals who work in reputed companies such as Nike, Reebok, Lacoste CA, etc.
Eligibility and Duration
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Duration: 2 Year Full-time.
- Business Communication
- Organization Design
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management – I
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Research Methods and Statistics
- Financial Reporting,
Statements and Analysis
- Microsoft Office Specialist*
- Open Elective – 1
- Project 1: Fundamentals of Innovation and Venture Development in Entrepreneurship – 1**
- Indian Financial System
- Indian Economic Policies and Reforms
- Operations Research
- Marketing Management-II
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Sports Financing
- Consumer Behavior and Customer Relationship Management (CB & CRM)
- Sports Economics
- Sports Psychology
- Indian Sports Management Activities
- Sports Management & Diplomacy
- Open Elective – 2
- Project 2: Fundamentals of Innovation and Venture Development in Entrepreneurship – 2**
- Operations and Project Management
- Sports Sponsorship and Merchandizing
- Brand Management in Sports
- Sports Event & Facility Management E-Commerce for Sports
- Sport Mass Media
- Retail Management for Sports
- Fair Competition in Sport
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Leadership in Sports
- Disaster Management*
- Project 3 – Group Project
- Summer Internship Project** (SIP)
- Business Law
- Indian Ethos and Business Ethics
- Corporate Strategy
- Services Management
- Sports Analytics
- Ethics in Sports
- Sports Broadcasting & Publication
- Sports and Law
- Project 4: Capstone Project*
2-week Paris Itinerary
The two-week visit to Paris is your chance to see and experience the sporting culture of France. This will help you understand the expectations of the sports industry better.
Day 1: STADIUM – Parc des Princes and Stade de France. Understand how the stadium is managed from a logistic and commercial perspective.Day 2: MEDIA – Visit of the office of sports TV Channel Bein Sport or Lequipe. Understand how a TV show is prepared and how it is packaged by the commercial team for advertising purposes.Day 3: STORE – Discover leading sports stores in Paris (Go Sport, Decathlon, PSG store, Lacoste) and meeting with Lacoste. Understand the different marketing position of each store and how products and communication are adapted accordingly. In the meeting with Lacoste, students will be told how the brand uses sponsoring to generate additional sales.Day 4: EVENT – Attend a running race Paris & Village of the event. Students will participate in the run and will experiment all the animations done around this race. Then a meeting will take place to debrief their view on the sponsoring and organization of the race.Day 5: CONFERENCE – Attend les Rendez-vous du Sport, a sport conference organized by ESG sports MBA Students.Day 6: OLYMPICS – Visit of Paris 2024 office & visit of Brand new stadium Arena92. A high profile of Paris 2024 will brief them about the project set up by Paris to host the Olympic Games in 2024.
Day 1: CORPORATE – Visit of Soccer League Office & an event organized by a sponsor. The French soccer league will explain its strategy of development in term of media rights, sponsoring at the national and international level.Day 2: ARENA – Visit of St Quentin Cycling arena & a Golf course. The manager of the facility will explain to the students his strategy on how he plans numerous events in the cycling arena.Day 3: DAY OUT – Full day at Reims, visiting the facilities of Reims Soccer Club. Understand how the club is managed, what their challenges are, and how they tackle them effectively.Day 4: NEW SPORTS USAGES – Visit of Urban soccer, Hoop Factory facilities and e-sport gaming house. Sport is adapting to urban life and new technology. We will understand how those new models have emerged and what their business models are.Day 5: ARENA – Visit of Tennis French Open facilities & museum. The French Open is one of the most famous Tennis events in the world. Students will understand how the event is marketed and how ticketing is managed.Day 6: Visit of Insep or Clairefontaine (sport facilities for young talented children). The French state has developed grassroots activities and also a specific training center for high potential youth athletes. We will visit one of these facilities and understand how it works in term of recruitment and management of the children.
“Studying MBA in Sports Management was one of the best decisions I ever made. The institute provided me with networking and internship opportunities at different sporting organizations like Bengaluru FC, Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools, and Double Pass where I gained first-hand experience working with industry professionals across different departments. At the end of the course, I was assisted by the institute to avail myself of an internship opportunity with Puma. The internship turned into a full-time role and I am currently working as a Retail Supervisor handling sales & operations at Puma where I hope to contribute towards the growth and development of the sports industry in the country.”
Anand V Rao,
MBA Sports Management
"The 2 year MBA Sports Management Program was enriching. The unique mix of overseas faculty coupled with Indian industry specialists helped me gain more insights into the sports ecosystem in India and Europe. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to intern with DNA network for the Paytm Series between India and Australia in 2019. It helped me gain a great degree of practical exposure and prepped me for real industry situations. I've been successfully placed by my University as an athlete manager with GoSports Foundation and hope to improve the sporting ecosystem in the subcontinent."
MBA Sports Management
“These two years were one of the best times in my life and had its ups and downs. Studying at MBA ESG was great learning experience every day that has helped me tackle professional problems with ease and has made me a better person. Experienced and specialized teachers have stretched me to reach my full potential through continual challenges and support especially the overseas faculty whose knowledge and expertise were immensely valuable for improving my perspective of thinking on a global level.”
MBA Luxury Management
I am a guy who loves sports were MBAESG provided me a platform to learn about sports management. The two years have been a brilliant experience and I enjoyed my college days a lot. The faculty at MBAESG always being available to mentor us with quality knowledge and gave us good exposure to the industry. Our voice has been heard respectfully by the management and we got an instant response from them on any matters. Overall MBAESG is a paradise for the students who wish to pursue their studies.
MBA Sports Management
This has been a journey that I am thankful for. I am a completely different person after graduating from this college. The method of learning was all research based from your own creative. Working sleepless nights with same passion and enthusiasm has got me here. The faculties from overseas, industrial visits, hands on live project, interaction with industrial experts is what I will always cherish. The placement team is incredible. I am happily placed for the profile I always wanted to.
MBA Luxury Management
At the end of my training of my MBA-ESG Sports Management Program, I immediately bagged a fixed-term contract for 10 months in the TV rights of the biggest international sports events. Throughout the training, I particularly appreciated the emergency seminars. These practical scenarios and real-life business cases teach us how to respond professionally and effectively.
TV Media Sport Coordinator
After completing my MBA in Sports Management, I had the opportunity to join the Football Foundation as a Project Manager. I would like to warmly thank the lecturers and the management team at MBA- ESG. I am proud to be a part of the MBA in Sports program, and I will continue to highlight it during my professional career.
Matthieu de Lamare,
Project Manager – Football Foundation
As the sports industry expands and becomes a significant employer, there is a need for skilled professionals who can handle the day-to-day operations of sports teams and organizations. Some job avenues for sports management graduates include,
- Sports Event Organizer
- Project Manager
- Communication/Advertising Manager
- Sponsoring, Partnerships, and Merchandising Manager
- Sports Consultant
- Operations Manager
- Sports Equipment Manager
- Sports Organization Manager
- Training Manager
- Sports Celebrity Manager
- Sports Expert
Some of the corporate assignments undertaken by the alumni of this program are:
- Marketing Account Manager at Eurosport
- Assistant Project Manager at Evian Resort
- In-charge of Plurimedia Junior at Havas Media France
- Communication Assistant at Ligue Nationale de Basketball
- Sales Support Assistant at Nike UK
- Sales Assistant at Première Loge
- Assistant Product Manager at PSG Merchandising
- Ticketing Sales Assistant at SASP RCF Rugby
- Marketing Assistant at Sport and Co.
1. Why MBA in Sports Management from MBA-ESG?
You should choose MBA in Sports Management from MBA-ESG owing to • French pedagogy of learning • World-Class Faculty • Reputed industry partnerships • Multiple quality projects
2. What is sports management?
Sports management involves planning, organising, budgeting ,dealing with contracts and sponsorships, managing sports infrastructure and the financial, legal and other areas of sports teams, clubs, organisations etc
3. What are some exciting jobs in the sports management field?
Some of the exciting jobs in the sports management field includes • Fitness Manager • Event Coordinator • Sports Analyst • Financial Manager • Contract Manager • Athletic Director • Sports Agent • Athletic Coach
4. What are the salaries you can obtain with a sports management degree?
The global salaries in the field of Sport Management are Contract Manager – 80,000- 100000+ USD Athletic Director – 60,000- 85,000 USD Sports Agent – 50,000 – 70,000USD Athletic Coach – 40,000 – 60,000USD Fitness Manager – 40,000- 60,000 USD Event Coordinator – 40,000- 70,000 USD
5. Is Sports Management a good career in India?
It is one of the most booming sectors in India. According to some estimates, Indian sports have the potential to reach $10 billion in the next few years. With the government investing heavily in sports, sports careers are one of the most remunerative in the country