About MBA Luxury Management
In the days of yore, luxury was a privilege only a select few were able to afford in India. As such, there was no significant need for luxury managers. Today, luxury is no longer exclusive to the rich and famous; it’s accessible to a large number of people. Leisure, beauty, automobiles, jewelry, fashion, gastronomy, and many more fields now include an element of luxury. They are appealing to a new market consisting of the working middle class. This trend has created numerous jobs in luxury management and a need for experienced managers in the luxury industry.
Our MBA in Luxury Management program trains aspiring managers to master marketing and its applications specific to the design, communication, and international distribution of luxury goods.
The French Connection
France is synonymous with luxury. When you think of high fashion, luxury goods, gastronomic delights, and picturesque vacations, your mind automatically goes to France, doesn’t it? And why not? The sophistication, authenticity, and timelessness of France has enabled it to create unique products, brands, and experiences you rarely find elsewhere. It’s also the birthplace of almost every major luxury brand – L’Oreal, Clarins, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Pierre Cardin, Louis Vuitton, and innumerable others. So, who better to teach about luxury than the French?
Objectives and Strengths
- Grasp professional aspects of the luxury industry and essentials of the luxury environment.
- Hands-on experience on the management tools specific to the luxury industries and decoding the techniques of strategic analysis of the domestic and global market.
- Interact with industry stalwarts who have contributed to the world of luxury.
- Develop creativity, self-confidence, student culture and open the doors to excellence.
- Courseware designed by French luxury industry stalwarts and delivered by a mix of French and Indian industry professionals with vast industry exposure.
- Course curriculum includes sectoral activities such as Haute Couture, Haute Jewelry, Gemology and Fashion, Perfumery and Cosmetics, Luxury Hotels, Clock Making Industry (Haute Horology), Luxury Marketing and Retailing, Purchase and Franchising, and Luxury Services, along with the regular core management subjects.
- Projects, internships, and employment opportunities with global luxury brands.
- Two-week visit to Paris to have a first-hand experience of symbols of French Luxury. Also includes interactive classroom sessions with students of MBA ESG, Paris.
- Certificate from MBA ESG, Paris
- MBA from Jain (Deemed-to-be University), Bangalore
Eligibility and Duration
Duration: 2-year full-time.
- (C) Computer Applications for Business
- (C) Business Communication
- (C) Legal and Business Environment
- (C) Organization Design
- (C) Managerial Economics
- (C) Marketing Management
- (C) Organizational Behaviour
- (C) Business Statistics and Analytics for Decision Making
- (C) Financial Reporting, Statements and Analysis
- (C) Indian Financial Systems and Financial Markets
- (C) Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- (C) Marketing Research
- (C) Corporate Finance
- (C) Indian Economy and Policy
- (C) Human Resources Management
- (E) Luxury Merchandizing
- (E) Sectorial Activities: Oenology, Gastronomy, and Art Market
- (E) Luxury Retailing Management
- (E) Consumer Behavior and CRM
- (P) Organization Study*
- (C) Operations Management
- (C) Project Management
- (C) Management Skills for Effectiveness
- (C) Quantitative Techniques
- (E) E-Marketing I
- (E) Sectorial Activities: Perfumery and Cosmetics, Luxury Hotels, Clock Making Industry (Haute Horlogerie)
- (E) Business of e-Commerce
- (E) Brand Management in Luxury Industry
- (E) Retail Management
- (E) Integrated Marketing Communication & New Media
- (C) Entrepreneurship
- (C) Indian Ethos and Business Ethics
- (C) Corporate Strategy
- (E) Buying and Forecasting
- (E) E-Marketing II
- (E) Services Management
- (E) Social Media Marketing
- (P) SIP + Research
Two-week Paris Itinerary
The Luxury Management program includes a two-week trip to Paris to ensure you are accustomed to the demands of the luxury industry. Your eclectic Paris itinerary includes an array of stimulating experiences and adventures.
Day 1: Luxury Codes at the Château de Versailles.
Day 2: Luxury jewelry – Place Vendôme.
Day 3: Arts and Luxury – The Opera Garnier and the Louvre Museum.
Day 4: Perfume – The birth of perfume at the Perfume Museum.
Day 5: The tradition of French luxury manufactures: The Manufactures of the Gobelins.
Days 6 and 7: Oenology & Champagne – Visit of 2 wine caves and wine tastings (2 days).
Day 8: The communication of major luxury brands: The Louis Vuitton Foundation.
Day 9: Luxury Merchandising – Department stores in Paris.
Day 10: Haute Couture in Paris – Avenue Montaigne and Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré.
Day 11: Luxury Hotels and the French label – Visit to a luxury Hotel.
Day 12: French Gastronomy – Cellars of the Louvre.
After completing my MBA in Sports, I had the opportunity to join the Football Foundation as a Project Manager. I would like to warmly thank the lecturers and the management team at MBA ESG. I am proud to be a part of the MBA in Sports program, and I will continue to highlight it during my professional career.
Matthieu de Lamare,
Project Manager – Football Foundation
At the end of my training, I immediately bagged a fixed-term contract for 10 months in the TV rights of the biggest international sports events. Throughout the training, I particularly appreciated the emergency seminars. These practical scenarios and real-life business cases teach us how to respond professionally and effectively.
TV Media Sport Coordinator
Thanks to this training, I was able to acquire a real specialization and expertise in the luxury area. The richness of the course, the originality of the pedagogical methods, exchanges between students and professionals were real assets for the development of a strong career plan.
Visual Merchandiser – Europe & Middle East, Maison Longchamp
I have acquired knowledge and competencies related to this industry. Creativity and know-how have been the main slogans of the training. I have also been able to access the professional network, which is a huge asset for me.
Sales Associate, GUCCI
Param, one of our young managers, talks about his experience with MBA ESG and how it is transforming him from an athlete to an all-rounder.
Student | MBA ESG, India
Click here ▶
“MBA ESG offers a proper blend of theoretical and practical studies in its entire curriculum. I was able to apply my learnings in every semester in practical fields. The lectures by French professionals helped me get a comparative study of the Indian and European sports systems.
Internship opportunities at different sports companies helped me identify my strengths and areas that I need to work on to become better. The trip to France during our study offered great exposure to the international sports system and allowed me to understand the areas in which we the Indian sports Industry can excel.
Currently, I am working at the GoSports Foundation as Manager–Research, thanks to the learnings and internship opportunities provided by MBA ESG.”
Kunal D Banik
MBA in Sports Management
Luxury management in India has tremendous scope owing to the increase in investments from foreign luxury brands. Promising job avenues in this sector include,
- Product Manager
- Export Manager
- Head of Research and Creation
- Visual Merchandising Manager
- Store Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Purchasing Manager
Some of the corporate assignments undertaken by our French alumni are:
- Category Manager at Chanel
- International Research Fellow at Chanel
- Assistant Haute Couture at Elie Saab
- Trade Manager Europe Cartier at Remy Cointreau Group
- Sales Network Manager at Remy Cointreau Group
- Marketing Assistant at Ralph Lauren
- Marketing Assistant, Development and Strategy at Lancôme Perfumes and Beauty
- Assistant Product Manager at Caudalie
- Assistant Product Manager at Boucheron
- Product Manager at Guess Watches
- Assistant Manager Fragrance Products at Coty
- Press and Public Relations Officer at Chloé
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Chanel Parfums
- Purchase Assistant at Céline
- Assistant Product Manager at OJ Perrin
- Sales Manager at Montblanc
- Assistant Press Officer at Givenchy
- Assistant Art Procurement at Hermès
- Product Manager Assistant at Nuxe Laboratory
- Assistant Network Manager at Sonia Rykiel
- Product Training Assistant at Yves Saint-Laurent
- Assistant Product Manager at Christian Dior
- Sales Representative PAP at Jeanne Lanvin
- International Press Relations at Bell & Ross
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Ella Bache
- Licensing Manager at Kenzo