The Sports Management and Diplomacy master class was held between April 01, 2019 and April 05, 2019.
He (Mr. Julien Montel) was a really calm and organized speaker. He treated us like professionals first and students next. His meticulous research on the sports scene in India was impressive. We could really see the effort he’d put into his work.
His use of visual aids (mainly videos) to convey his points across helped us gain a good understanding of the subject. Having us observe interviews and videos to understand the concepts was quite unconventional. It was a fresh approach to learning and we enjoyed them immensely.
He treated us like professionals first and students next.
The most enjoyable part of his lectures was the comparison between the Indian sporting scenario and the ones in Europe and the Americas. His concrete knowledge and first-hand experience of the sporting scenario in Europe and the USA was immensely evident.
The discussions and assignments focused on sports were highly innovative and something that grabbed our attention.
Mr. Montel also conducted a short webinar on the Benefits and Challenges of Organizing an International Sports Event for a Country. The webinar, attended by current and prospective students, provided an understanding of how diplomacy plays an impactful role in bridging the gap between nations through sport.
- Equip learners with an understanding of the importance of sports and its social, economic, and political impact.
- Highlight the power of sports as a means to bring people together around international competitions.
- Understand how Sport has become a soft power for countries and how they use sports to boost their image and reputation.
- Understand the general requirements in selecting a country for a major international event.
- Assess the logistical and business challenges of the host country.
You can watch the webinar below.
About Julien Montel
Mr. Julien Montel has over 14 years of experience as a key player in the sports industry. He has a proven track record in consulting, with more than 100 projects for sport institutions, public authorities, and companies. He currently serves as the President of JUM Consulting, which is dedicated to building sustainable and efficient models of sport at all levels and creating converging interests between sport stakeholders. He is also a visiting faculty for Sports Management and Diplomacy at MBA ESG, India.