MBA in Luxury & Fashion Management
In the days of yore, luxury was a privilege only a select few could afford in India. As such, there was no significant need for luxury managers. Today, luxury is no longer exclusive to the rich and famous; it’s accessible to many people. Leisure, beauty, automobiles, Jewellery, fashion, gastronomy, and many more fields now include an element of luxury. They are appealing to a new market consisting of the working middle class. This trend has created numerous jobs in luxury & Fashion management and a need for experienced managers in the luxury industry.
Our MBA in Luxury & Fashion Management program trains aspiring managers to master marketing and its applications specific to the design, communication, and international distribution of luxury goods.
The MBA in Luxury Management course equips students with the necessary skills and knowledge to accurately analyze the perceptions of luxury across various markets and products and investigate social mix, consumer characteristics, and branding factors to epitomize the luxury value of the brand.
The luxury branding courses enable students to understand the dynamics of the evolving global luxury sector and provide strategic solid financial foundations in the industry. The MBA in luxury brand management course equips students with quality knowledge and skills in strategic, legal, financial, and other critical elements of the luxury brand.
The MBA in Fashion Management course equips students with creative and innovative fashion management practices and fashion forecasting, and an understanding of the evolving individual perceptions of different fashion products.
The French Connection
France is synonymous with luxury. When you think of high fashion, luxury goods, gastronomic delights, and picturesque vacations, your mind automatically goes to France, doesn’t it? And why not? France’s sophistication, authenticity, and timelessness have enabled it to create unique products, brands, and experiences, you rarely find elsewhere. It’s also the birthplace of almost every major luxury brand – L’Oreal, Clarins, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Pierre Cardin, Louis Vuitton, and innumerable others. So, who better to teach about luxury than the French? And, where better to study MBA in Luxury Management than a top school like MBA-ESG?
Objectives and Strengths
- Train managers to be employable and have expertise in management, communication and marketing of sports.
- Understand the strategic issues faced in sports, the working of sports industry, and the globalization of sport.
- Train young sports managers to take up challenges beyond classroom knowledge.
- Our MBA in Sport Management ranks 3rd in Eduniversal’s ‘Best Masters Ranking 2017’ in France and has a worldwide ranking of 17 in the Sport Management category.
- Courseware vetted by experts from the French sports industry.
- Exclusively taught by a mix of French and Indian industry professionals and faculty.
- The MBA program includes a two-week visit to Paris for a ringside view of French sports culture and administration of sports.
- Program endorsed by DNA Entertainment Networks, India’s leading sports management organization. DNA also provides projects and internships that will help students prepare for the demands of the sports industry.
- Employment opportunity with global sports companies and organizations.
- Master’s diploma from MBA ESG, Paris and degree from an Indian university.
- A strong alumni network of professionals who work in reputed companies such as Nike, Reebok, Lacoste CA, etc.
Eligibility and Duration
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
Duration: 2-year full-time.
Jain Entrance Test Details
About Jain Entrance Test (JET) for MBA 2023 Admissions
- JET process includes:
- JET Written Test or Minimum score in MAT/CAT/XAT/NMAT/GMAT
- Essay Writing
- Personal Interview
- Candidates shortlisted in the JET written test are qualified for Essay Writing, Presentation and Personal Interview.
- Essay Writing: the candidate(s) should write an essay on a given topic for a maximum duration of 10-15 minutes.
- Topics for presentation will be updated on the student dashboard on 16th January 2023.
- The Personal Interview will focus on subject knowledge, goal clarity, communication skills, attitude, academic credentials, work experience and achievements.
- The final result will be based upon the performance in Essay Writing, Presentation and Personal Interview.
|Competitive Exam||Minimum Score / Percentile|
|September, December 2022, February, May MAT 2023||Score of 550 and above|
|NMAT 2022-23||Score of 160 and above|
|CAT 2022||Score of 50 percentile and above|
|GMAT 2022-23||Score of 50 percentile and above|
|CMAT 2023||Score of 50 percentile and above|
|XAT 2023||Score of 50 percentile and above|
Please Note: Upcoming dates for JET for MBA 2023 admissions will be announced on website and the university’s official social media channels
Exam Pattern for JET 2023
- Maximum Marks: 120
- Total Questions: 120
- Test Duration: 120 minutes
- Type of Questions: MCQs
- All questions are mandatory and there is no negative marking
|Sections||No. of questions||Marks|
|Section A: Reading Comprehension||20||20|
|Section B: Data Analysis||25||25|
|Section C: Mathematical Skills||25||25|
|Section D: Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||25||25|
|Section E: Indian & Global Environment||25||25|
System Requirements for Online Test
- Supported Devices – Desktop computers & Laptop computers.
- Non-Supported Devices – iPad and iPhone.
- Operating System –For Desktops and Laptops: Window 7 or above (Windows 10 recommended), Mac OS 10.13 and above, and Linux (Ubuntu versions 18.04, 16.04, 15.04 only) systems
- Browsers – Google Chrome (84.0.4147.135 or later) recommended. N.B. Only Google Chrome Browser needs to be used.
- Minimum Configuration: Processor: Core 2 Duo and above.
- Processor speed: 1.5 GHz and above; RAM: minimum 1 GB.
- Minimum Internet Speed-2 Mbps.
- Pop-up blockers on the web browser must be disabled.
- Webcam and Microphone are mandatory and must remain switched on during the duration of the test.
Attention: This is a Proctored Assessment method i.e. you will be monitored during the assessment.
Online Examination Rules to Remember
Switch Count: The number of times you switch out of the assessment window, the count, and time is monitored by the team. You will be automatically logged out if found switching between windows multiple times.
Multiple Face Detection: Only the authorized candidate is allowed to appear for the assigned evaluation. The tool features face detection functionality. If any other person or candidate impersonates the applicant during the JET test window, the candidate will be logged out of the process.
Earphones: No headphones/earphones allowed. The tool will detect any external object in use during the assessment.
Mobile phone: The usage of mobile phones is strictly prohibited. The tool will detect any external object in use during the assessment.
Please Note: If any other means of malpractices, which are not covered in the above clauses, are detected during the examination process, the candidate will be logged out of the assessment by the Proctor.
Wish you all the best in your JET process!
MBA in Luxury and Fashion Management
- Business Communication
- Organization Design
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management-I
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Research Methods and Statistics
- Financial Reporting, Statements, and Analysis
- Microsoft Office Specialist*
- Open Elective-1
- Fundamentals of Innovation and Venture Development in Entrepreneurship – 1**
- Indian Financial System and Financial Markets
- Indian Economic Policies and Reforms
- Operations Research
- Marketing Management-II
- Human Resources Management
- Consumer Behavior & Customer Relationship Management
- Sectoral Immersion: Oenology, Gastronomy and Art Market
- History Of Luxury and Fashion Industry
- Global Trends and Developments in Fashion & Luxury sector
- Buying and Forecasting in Luxury and Fashion
- Art of Negotiation and Sales techniques in Fashion and Luxury Management
- Open Elective-2
- Fundamentals of Innovation and Venture Development in Entrepreneurship – 2**
- Operations and Project Management
- Luxury and Fashion Merchandizing and Licensing
- Luxury and Fashion Brand Management
- Sectoral Immersion: Perfumery and Cosmetics, Luxury Hotels, Clock Making Industry (Haute Horlogerie)
- E-Commerce for Luxury and Fashion
- Public Relations in Luxury & Fashion
- Integrated Marketing Communication & New Media
- Brand Creation and Portfolio Management
- Luxury and Fashion Retail Management
- Luxury and Fashion Consumerism
- Disaster Management*
- Project 3 – Group Project
- Summer Internship Project**
- Business Law
- Indian Ethos and Business Ethics
- Corporate Strategy
- Services Management
- Social Media Marketing
- Luxury and Fashion Design, Innovation
- Luxury and Fashion Event Management
- Luxury and Fashion Marketing
- Supply Chain & Distribution Strategy in Luxury and Fashion
- Project 4 : Capstone Project
Two-week Paris Itinerary
The Luxury & Fashion Management program includes a two-week trip to Paris to ensure you are accustomed to the demands of the luxury industry. Your eclectic Paris itinerary includes an array of stimulating experiences and adventures.
Day 1: Luxury Codes at the Château de Versailles.
Day 2: Luxury jewelry – Place Vendôme.
Day 3: Arts and Luxury – The Opera Garnier and the Louvre Museum.
Day 4: Perfume – The birth of perfume at the Perfume Museum.
Day 5: The tradition of French luxury manufactures: The Manufactures of the Gobelins.
Days 6 and 7: Oenology & Champagne – Visit of 2 wine caves and wine tastings (2 days).
Day 8: The communication of major luxury brands: The Louis Vuitton Foundation.
Day 9: Luxury Merchandising – Department stores in Paris.
Day 10: Haute Couture in Paris – Avenue Montaigne and Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré.
Day 11: Luxury Hotels and the French label – Visit to a luxury Hotel.
Day 12: French Gastronomy – Cellars of the Louvre.
After completing my MBA in Sports Management, I had the opportunity to join the Football Foundation as a Project Manager. I would like to warmly thank the lecturers and the management team at MBA- ESG. I am proud to be a part of the MBA in Sports program, and I will continue to highlight it during my professional career.
Matthieu de Lamare,
Project Manager – Football Foundation
At the end of my training of my MBA-ESG Sports Management Program, I immediately bagged a fixed-term contract for 10 months in the TV rights of the biggest international sports events. Throughout the training, I particularly appreciated the emergency seminars. These practical scenarios and real-life business cases teach us how to respond professionally and effectively.
TV Media Sport Coordinator
This has been a journey that I am thankful for. I am a completely different person after graduating from this college. The method of learning was all research based from your own creative. Working sleepless nights with same passion and enthusiasm has got me here. The faculties from overseas, industrial visits, hands on live project, interaction with industrial experts is what I will always cherish. The placement team is incredible. I am happily placed for the profile I always wanted to.
MBA Luxury Management
I am a guy who loves sports were MBAESG provided me a platform to learn about sports management. The two years have been a brilliant experience and I enjoyed my college days a lot. The faculty at MBAESG always being available to mentor us with quality knowledge and gave us good exposure to the industry. Our voice has been heard respectfully by the management and we got an instant response from them on any matters. Overall MBAESG is a paradise for the students who wish to pursue their studies.
MBA Sports Management
“These two years were one of the best times in my life and had its ups and downs. Studying at MBA ESG was great learning experience every day that has helped me tackle professional problems with ease and has made me a better person. Experienced and specialized teachers have stretched me to reach my full potential through continual challenges and support especially the overseas faculty whose knowledge and expertise were immensely valuable for improving my perspective of thinking on a global level.”
MBA Luxury Management
"The 2 year MBA Sports Management Program was enriching. The unique mix of overseas faculty coupled with Indian industry specialists helped me gain more insights into the sports ecosystem in India and Europe. I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to intern with DNA network for the Paytm Series between India and Australia in 2019. It helped me gain a great degree of practical exposure and prepped me for real industry situations. I've been successfully placed by my University as an athlete manager with GoSports Foundation and hope to improve the sporting ecosystem in the subcontinent."
MBA Sports Management
“Studying MBA in Sports Management was one of the best decisions I ever made. The institute provided me with networking and internship opportunities at different sporting organizations like Bengaluru FC, Bhaichung Bhutia Football Schools, and Double Pass where I gained first-hand experience working with industry professionals across different departments. At the end of the course, I was assisted by the institute to avail myself of an internship opportunity with Puma. The internship turned into a full-time role and I am currently working as a Retail Supervisor handling sales & operations at Puma where I hope to contribute towards the growth and development of the sports industry in the country.”
Anand V Rao,
MBA Sports Management
Luxury & Fashion management in India has tremendous scope owing to the increase in investments from foreign luxury brands. Promising job avenues in this sector include,
- Product Manager
- Export Manager
- Head of Research and Creation
- Visual Merchandising Manager
- Store Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Purchasing Manager
Some of the corporate assignments undertaken by our French alumni are:
- Category Manager at Chanel
- International Research Fellow at Chanel
- Assistant Haute Couture at Elie Saab
- Trade Manager Europe Cartier at Remy Cointreau Group
- Sales Network Manager at Remy Cointreau Group
- Marketing Assistant at Ralph Lauren
- Marketing Assistant, Development and Strategy at Lancôme Perfumes and Beauty
- Assistant Product Manager at Caudalie
- Assistant Product Manager at Boucheron
- Product Manager at Guess Watches
- Assistant Manager Fragrance Products at Coty
- Press and Public Relations Officer at Chloé
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Chanel Parfums
- Purchase Assistant at Céline
- Assistant Product Manager at OJ Perrin
- Sales Manager at Montblanc
- Assistant Press Officer at Givenchy
- Assistant Art Procurement at Hermès
- Product Manager Assistant at Nuxe Laboratory
- Assistant Network Manager at Sonia Rykiel
- Product Training Assistant at Yves Saint-Laurent
- Assistant Product Manager at Christian Dior
- Sales Representative PAP at Jeanne Lanvin
- International Press Relations at Bell & Ross
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Ella Bache
- Licensing Manager at Kenzo
Why MBA in Luxury and Fashion Management from MBA -ESG?
MBA ESG is the best option for Luxury and Fashion Management owing to - Our French connection which is the birthplace of top luxury and fashion brands like L’Oreal, Clarins, Givenchy, Christian Dior, Cartier, Mont Blanc, Pierre Cardin, Louis Vuitton - Curriculum designed by experts in the field which provide an extra edge over other colleges - Wide luxury and fashion industry partnerships
What is luxury brand management?
Luxury brand management involves working on all the elements of the brand to enhance the luxury perception of the brand. The course equips students with strategic, legal, financial and other aspects of the financial brand.
What are some exciting jobs in the international luxury industry?
Some of the exciting jobs in the international luxury industry include - Product Manager - Export Manager - Head of Research and Creation - Visual Merchandising Manager - Store Manager - Sales Manager - Marketing Manager - Purchasing Manager - Brand manager and more
What is Fashion Management?
Fashion Management involves managing the marketing, merchandising, branding and retailing of fashion products. It involves managing fashion brands' economic and financial aspects and planning and promoting the fashion business.
What are some exciting jobs in Fashion Industry?
Some of the exciting jobs in the fashion industry include - Fashion Brand Manager - Fashion Illustrator - Fashion Stylists - Textile Designers - Fashion Public Relations Specialists and more..