Students of our MBA Sports Management program attended a recruitment drive organized by sporting goods retailer, Decathlon. As a leading sports retailer, Decathlon designs its own products and is a well-known brand across the globe. Thus, it is one of the preferred employers for sports management graduates.
Students were vying for a regular/part-time position as Sports Leader at Decathlon’s new store in Koramangala, Bangalore. Prior to the recruitment process, all candidates were requested to bring their resumes and the interview sheet provided by Decathlon.
- The process started with a warm-up session followed by a presentation, which provided valuable insights about the company as well as an overview of the role for which students were being recruited.
- The second round was a physical test, which involved a beep test and team sport test.
- The next round was Group Discussion.
- Post the physical and group discussion rounds, selected candidates moved on to the personal interview round. This round saw two of our students getting qualified for the next round.
- Lastly, students got into salary negotiations to confirm their selection for the role of Sports Leader at Decathlon.
Decathlon looks for candidates who have a never-give-up attitude. Enthusiasm for sports is one of the key factors to becoming a part of the Decathlon team. Based on their project-based performance, employees can grow within the company and take up managerial and leadership positions.
The recruitment drive at Decathlon was an excellent opportunity for students to discover the company’s culture and business.
There are numerous career avenues in various sectors of sports management and the sports industry as a whole. As the number of retailers and manufacturers of sports goods and services increases, so will the demand for qualified graduates in these fields. And MBA ESG offers the ideal platform for sport enthusiasts to hone their passion and carve a rewarding career path in sports management.