Brand Management in Sports Guest Lecture – Fabien Charreyre-Calvez
The Brand Management in Sports guest lecture was headed by Fabien Charreyre-Calvez, our visiting faculty from France.
At the end of this lecture, students will be able to,
- Understand the concept of branding within the sport industry.
- Study the concept of image rights and protection of trademarks of sports brands.
- Connect to the legal landscape around branding and Intellectual Property Rights.
- Relate to challenges of setting up a branding strategy for an athlete or a sport entity.
- Learn the influencing factors of brand equity among sports fans and customers.
- Implement challenges of brand equity across the sports world.
- Understand branding and the scope of branding in the sports industry.
- Compare branding at IPL and ISL and other popular sports events in India.
- Work on sports strategies for building competitive brand equity.
- Technically analyse the case of Tour-de-France and sporting brand PUMA.
- Set up a brand strategy for sports celebrities.
- Analyse the role of social media in the sports industry.Understand the importance and significance and protection of sports trademarks.
- Understand sports image rights and trademark protection, international scope in ambush marketing, and counterfeiting of sports products and services.
Connect with Fabien.