Available only to a privileged few earlier, today luxury is accessible to a large number of people. From leisure to beauty, jewellery to automobiles, fashion to catering, luxury is the key word in every field. And as the inheritor of a long tradition, France occupies the top position in the global market of luxury. In the rising global economy, the potential of this sector can be gauged by the competition between brands. To succeed in this field, young managers must master marketing and its applications specific to the design, communication and international distribution of luxury goods.
Objectives And Strengths
Joël FAUVELET de CHARBONNIÈRE de BOURIENNE
MBA International Business, University of California, Head of International Luxury Consulting
Aims and Objectives
- Grasp the professional aspect of the luxury industry and essentials of the luxury environment.
- Hands-on experience on the management tools specific to the luxury industries, decode the techniques of strategic analysis of the domestic and global market.
- Interact with industry stalwarts who have contributed to the world of luxury.
- Develop creativity, self-confidence, student culture and open the doors to excellence.
- Courseware designed by French Luxury industry stalwarts and delivered by a mix of French and Indian industry professionals with vast industry exposure.
- Course curriculum includes Sectoral Activities: Haute Couture, Haute Jewelry, Gemology and Fashion, Perfumery and Cosmetics, Luxury Hotels, Clock Making Industry (Haute Horology), Luxury Marketing and Retailing, Purchase and Franchising, and Luxury Services, along with the regular core management subjects.
- Employment opportunities with global luxury brands operating in India, including projects and internships.
- Two-week visit to Paris with a packed itinerary to have a first-hand experience of symbols of French Luxury. Also includes, interactive classroom sessions with students of MBA ESG, Paris. Two-week visit to Florence to have a first-hand experience of symbols of French Luxury.
- Master’s Diploma from MBA ESG, Paris recognized globally.
The 2-year MBA in Luxury Management comprises of 4 semesters.
|Semester - 1||Semester - 2|
|Introduction to Luxury Industry
Luxury Marketing- Principles of Marketing
Accounting for Managers
Management Theory & Practices
Business Mathematics and Statistics
French Language 1
|Brand Management in Luxury Industry
Sectoral Activities: Perfumery and Cosmetics, Luxury Hotels, Clock Making Industry
Luxury Retailing Management
E-Marketing - 1
Management Information Systems
Business Research Methods
French Language 2
|Semester - 3||Semester - 4|
Integrated Marketing Communication & Media Planning Principles
Organizational Behavior & HR
Business Game - Simbrand
E-Marketing - 2
Sectoral Activities: Oenology, Gastronomy and Art Market
Purchasing & Franchising
|Services Marketing Principles
After getting trained as a Textile Product Manager, I decided to opt for MBA ESG’s MBA in Luxury Management. This year's study was particularly enriching. It required hard work, but personally it was very beneficial! I have acquired knowledge and competencies related to this industry, creativity and know-how have been the main slogans of the training. I have also been able to access the professional network, which is a huge asset for me. I have had the opportunity to work for renowned companies such as Tiffany & Co and Paul & Joe.
Laurianne Collotte, Communication & Marketing Manager Paul & Joe
With an international commercial experience of more than 10 years in different business sectors, I wanted to specialize in Luxury Management from MBA ESG. I have excellent memories, both on personal and educational fronts. The learning process is interactive, creative, playful, and the spectrum of subjects taught is broad and specialized at the same time. Within a month after the defence of my dissertation, I was hired as a "Chef" De Marché International "at L'Occitane, to develop and run a network of distributors and subsidiaries, and to increase the turnover both qualitatively and quantitatively. Today, I am Head of the Company. I recruit and train partners in collaborative entrepreneurship with Nuskin, specialized in beauty, well-being, and anti-aging products, with presence in 54 countries.
Sandrine Perrier, Business Developer at Nu Skin company
Product Manager, Export Manager, Head of Research and Creation, Visual Merchandising Manager, Store Manager, Head of Research, Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, and Purchasing Manager are some of the job avenues for the graduates of this program.
- Category Manager at Chanel
- International Research Fellow at Chanel
- Assistant Haute Couture at Elie Saab
- Trade Manager Europe Cartier at Remy Cointreau Group
- Sales Network Manager at Remy Cointreau Group
- Marketing Assistant at Ralph Lauren
- Marketing Assistant, Development and Strategy at Lancôme Perfumes and Beauty
- Assistant Product Manager at Caudalie
- Assistant Product Manager at Boucheron
- Product Manager at Guess Watches
- Assistant Manager Fragrance Products at Coty
- Press and Public Relations Officer at Chloé
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Chanel Parfums
- Purchase Assistant at Céline
- Assistant Product Manager at OJ Perrin
- Sales Manager at Montblanc
- Assistant Press Officer at Givenchy
- Assistant Art Procurement at Hermès
- Product Manager Assistant at Nuxe Laboratory
- Assistant Network Manager at Sonia Rykiel
- Product Training Assistant at Yves Saint-Laurent
- Assistant Product Manager at Christian Dior
- Sales Representative PAP at Jeanne Lanvin
- International Press Relations at Bell & Ross
- Assistant Trade Marketing at Ella Bache
- Licensing Manager at Kenzo